Shelby County 4-H Communications Day Thursday, March 9, 2023
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to practice your speaking skills! The event is open to Shelby County students ages 9-18 by January 1, 2023. There are three different options for participating in 4-H Communications Day. Options include Speech, Demonstration and Mock Interview. You can find more information about these in the Category Information below.
Registration Form must be submitted by February 24, 2023.
Submit Registration to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off to Shelby County Extension Office
Need help preparing for Communications Day? Check out the videos below!
Age Group/Category winners at the county level will continue on to the Louisville Area Competition. If contestants win at the Louisville Area Competition they will continue on to the State Competition.
Shelby County 4-H Written Communications Contest
Do you have a passion for writing? Have you ever written a poem or a song? If so, share your talents and participate in the 4-H Written Communications Contest!
Submit your completed entry to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off to the Shelby County Extension Office by Friday, February 24, 2023.
Written communications Form-TBD
Junior: Any member age 9-13 as of January 1, 2023
Senior: Any member age 14-18 as of Janaury 1, 2023
Categories will be broken down in to Junior and Senior Divisions. Two Juniors and two Seniors from each category will adance to the Kentucky 4-H Written Communication Contest. Categories include:
- Songwriting (lyrics only)
- Poetry (3 line minimum and 25 line maximum)
- "What 4-H means to Me" Essay (minimum 500 words)
- Original Monologue
- Press Release (maximum of 1,00 words)
- Public Service Announcement
Requirments & Guidelines
- Each writing piece must be original. If there is a question, the participant will be disqualified. A statement of authenticity must be completed and attached to entry.
- All entries are to be on 8.5" x 11" paper, with the entrant's class, name, and county on a cover page and last name typed on every page. (See sample cover page). Please include scoring guide, and statement of authenticity at the back of the piece.
- Entries are to be double-spaced, typed with Calibri size 12 font white paper. (Songs may be single spaced within verses, chorus and bridge and double spaced between each of these.)
Helpful Resources are available through the Shelby County Extension Office.
For any questions contact Candice Hollingsworth at the Shelby County Extension Office
Phone: (502)633-4593 Email: email@example.com